Cellular and Molecular Pathology
1. How might Xylene be used in a histology laboratory? What would be a suitable alternative?
2. Why is a graded series of alcohols used during tissue processing?
3. Name 3 types of fixative – which is most commonly used in histology practice?
4. What solutions are most suited for decalcification of a) bone marrow trephines b) heads of femur c) teeth
5. An appendix has just been received into specimen reception – list the steps required to transform this organ into slides ready for staining
I would like if you could help me with some explanation so I could understand it better 🙂
Thanks in advance!