1. Explain why a denatured protein no longer functions.
2. Identify the five molecules found in the plasma membrane and state their functions.
3. Identify four changes that occur to the skin and subcutaneous connective tissue as a result of aging, and state how these changes can be delayed.
1. What is the effect of aging on skeletal muscles?
2. List and explain the three general functions of the nervous system.
3. Explain static and dynamic equilibrium and their interrelationships.
1. List and describe the structure of the two major classifications of leukocytes.
2. Trace the path of a drop of blood, starting at the right atrium and returning to the right atrium, through the pulmonary and systemic circuits of the cardiovascular system. Identify the chambers, valves, and vessels (except specific systemic blood vessels that are not directly associated with the heart), and indicate whether the blood is oxygenated or deoxygenated in each area.
3. Describe the methods the body uses to help return lymph to the heart.
1. Identify and describe the six major processes involved in gastrointestinal activity.
2. Describe the normal characteristics of freshly-voided urine in a healthy adult.
3. Describe the process of spermatogenesis.