1) Molds and mushrooms belong to the kingdom of:
2) Describe the following is NOT true about the plants that live in a land environment?
a) The developing zygote does not need to be protected from desiccation.
b) They must have an internal structure to oppose the pull of gravity.
c) Reproductive units may be adapted to transport by wind or motile animals.
d) The organism must obtain water.
e) They must be capable of withstanding extreme changes in temperature and humidity.
3) A major evolutionary trend among plants is:
a) A reduction in size of the gametophyte and an increase in size of the sporophyte.
b) A reduction in size of the sporophyte and an increase in size of gametophyte.
c) An increase in size of both sporophyte and gametophyte.
d) A decrease in the size of both sporophyte and gametophyte.
4) Which of the following given is a nonvascular plant?
b) bristlecone pine tree
d) Redwood tree
5) Compared to the moss, the fern is better adapted to life on land because the fern
a) Produces seeds, but moss does not.
b) Does not have swimming sperm, but moss does.
c) Does not have a gametophyte generation, but moss does.
d) Has vascular tissue, but moss does not.
6) Which of the following kinds of the plants will generate a naked seed?
7) Which part of a seed provides nourishment for the embryo?
b) Seed coat
c) Egg sac
8) Monocots have their floral parts in ______, while dicots have their parts in _______, or multiples of those numbers.
a) Threes —–fours or fives
b) Threes or fours—– fives
c) Fours—–threes or fives
d) Fours or fives—– threes
e) Fives—–threes or fours
9) Botanically, seed is structure developed from a(an)
10) Which statement is NOT true about invertebrate animals?
a) The vast majority of animal species are invertebrates.
b) Many invertebrate species live in a marine environment.
c) Most animal phyla are invertebrates.
d) All major invertebrate groups arose from protistan ancestors.
e) Invertebrates lack a nervous system.