Essay – Immunizations
The biology concepts presented in this course are taught in a way that encourages you to make the connection between textbook biology and biology that appears in newspapers and periodicals. This assignment will encourage you to make the connection between the textbook and the world you live in.
Format: At least one page in length, 1-inch margins, size 12 font, double spaced.
Sources: All sources must be properly cited within and at end of paper. Use MLA or APA style.
Please do the following:
- Go to the internet and research the opinions of the scientific community and American society surrounding infant and childhood immunizations.
- Find at least one article describing the uses and benefits of immunizations.
- Find at least one article that describes the problems and risks of immunizations.
The articles must be relatively current and correlate with the topic. (Don’t use an article that just mentions these terms in passing).
- The body of the paper should consist of five carefully prepared paragraphs.
- The first paragraph will be a summary of the uses and benefits.
- The second paragraph will be summary of problems and risks.
- The third paragraph will be a summary of scientific opinions.
- The fourth paragraph will be a summary of society opinions.
- The fifth paragraph will be your opinion about how this technology affects you personally.