To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. Course Text: Wetchler, J. L., & Hecker, L. L., & (Eds.). (2015). An introduction to marriage and family therapy. (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Routledge Taylor & Francis Group.
- Chapter 7, “The Collaborative Language-Based Models of Family Therapy: When Less Is More” (pp. 206-228)
- Chapter 8, “Experiential Approaches to Family Therapy” (pp. 229-258)
- Chapter 9, “Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies for Couples and Families” (pp. 259-318)
- Consider the similarities and differences among collaborative language-based therapy models, experiential approaches, and cognitive-behavioral therapy models.
- Reflect on your personal counseling philosophy and how these theories may support or challenge it.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a comparison of two therapy models, noting their similarities and differences. Provide examples of under what circumstances you might apply each of the models and what the strengths and limitations are in these circumstances.