In Topic 5, you submitted a treatment plan for your client Eliza. Since the initial treatment plan, several changes have taken place within Elizaâ€™s case. Since the mandatory assessment two weeks ago, you have discovered that Eliza is again on your client listing for the day due to a mandatory evaluation, with the incident report indicating that campus public safety, due to a tip from a concerned resident, found the client passed out and alone in her dorm, smelling of alcohol.
Part 1: Review the initial Treatment Plan submitted in Topic 5.
- Reassess your treatment plan diagnoses, goals, and objectives based on the new information provided.
- Fill out and submit a new treatment plan evidencing the changes made in treatment utilizing the treatment plan template provided.
Part 2: In a 1,000-1,250-word essay, answer the questions presented in a separate Word document, addressing the following:
- Examine the case and propose why the changes occurred.
- Reassess the effectiveness and validity of the treatment plan.
- Discuss how the treatment plan needs to be adjusted to address the changes in the situation.
- Justify the changes both ethically and legally.
- Determine what the changes (obstacles) mean to the treatment plan.
- Discuss how you would evaluate the resources available for you to make a referral.
- Discuss how you would communicate to the client the need for referrals to other providers.
- Determine which referrals you would make and which you might suggest to the client.
- Include any instruments you would use to assess the client.