ACME Company, Inc.
- ACME Company, Inc. is a medium-sized company in the cosmetic industry and is based in Arizona. The company originally began in 1992 by a brother and sister team, Paul and Mary. Ten years later, Paul and Mary incorporated the company and went public. They hired new executive leadership so Paul could focus on innovation and Mary could focus on being the Human Resource Manager. Since that time, they have grown from a small business to a medium-sized company with 750 employees. Paul and Mary started the company with strong family values, such as working together as one team, looking after each other, and valuing each individual employee. By 2015, they noticed some of those values “slipping” as new executive leadership has come on board to help run the company.
- ACME Company, Inc. is facing a major decision – to move into the 21st Century or maintain the status quo. Paul and Mary started the company with family values but have a desire to innovate and grow. Mary became the HRM when they incorporated and Paul became head of Research & Development. The new executive leadership does not share their same values, and, is questioning the need for a budget for Research & Development since the company is already so successful and a major market leader. Paul and Mary, though, want to continue to be innovative and grow.
ACME Company, Inc. needs to implement some OSHA compliance initiatives for workplace health, safety, and security. They would like to implement an ergonomic environment for its 50 office employees; it currently is not ergonomic-friendly. The purpose is to reduce the amount of back pain, fatigue, and discomfort these employees have, which has resulted in an average of 10% of the employees out on leave through FMLA annually. They would like to have the following ergonomic conditions to maximize worker productivity and lower worker discomfort:
- An additional recommendation by Mary
For this project assignment on ACME Company, Inc. complete a minimum of three pages that addresses the following concepts:
- The key features of an ergonomic office environment.
- An approximate cost of converting a non-ergonomic environment to an ergonomic environment for 50 employees.
- The advantages and disadvantages of converting to an ergonomic environment for the 50 office workers.
- If you were Mary, what would be your recommendation? Explain.
Make sure to include an APA formatted title page and reference page for sources that you may have used for your research. Remember to follow APA guidelines for in-text citations when paraphrasing or quoting information.